I have recently stumbled upon a cute personalized photo Christmas ornaments pattern and it gave me an excellent idea!
We’ve been living in Canada for the last 3 years and our whole family is so far away, we only see them once a year, usually during summer school holidays. So, when I saw this pattern, I have decided to make everyone a felt Christmas ornament, personalized with a photo. This way, when we celebrate Christmas at home, we can at least see the whole family!
These no-sew felt ornaments are super easy to make, you can pick whatever shape you want and decorate the way you want. They can be used in different ways, you can either hang them on your Christmas tree, use them to decorate your chimney or even attach them to the Christmas presents as gift tags!
What you need for 1 ornament
- 2 felt rectangles 11x14cm/ 4.5×5.5inches
- 1 piece of fabric, about the same dimension as the felt
- Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive
- photo (I have printed mine of our printer)
- handkerchief or a piece of thin fabric to protect your iron
- Butterick B4369 pattern (or your own creation!)
Supplies I used
How to make it
I have used the Butterick B4369 pattern as the inspiration for these no-sew felt Christmas personalized photo ornaments. To be honest, I have not followed the pattern directions as is, I have adapted them a bit to make it more simple for me. At least that’s what I think:)
personalized photo Christmas ornaments